Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Dallas Home of the Cow Boys - A Vacation to Remember

Dallas has been known as the land of the cow boys. Since childhood, I have had a strange fascination for them after I saw the movie “The good bad and the ugly”. The hats, the ribbed jeans, the jackets, the boots with shiny silver spurs on them that the cow boys wear and not to forget the classic metallic shot guns they carry are all part of memories. When you think of this place, you picture a big farm with lots of bulls, horses, cows, hens and roosters flying all over the place. Dust blowing all over the ranch, and a few cactus trees. The delicious food that they serve makes my mouth water just thinking about them.

I got a chance to visit this place a few months back for my holidays. Ever since, I came to know about the vacation, since it was a month’s time in advance, I decided to book the airline tickets. Because the holiday season is on, all the cheap flights to Dallas are mostly sold out. Luck was on my side, and I managed to get cheap tickets to Dallas. There a many flights operating like the Virgin Airways, Atlanta, and Air Canada. One can pick and choose what suits your budget the best. Do a little research so that you can find the best airlines tickets. With the tickets done, I was ready to go. The weather was unusually hot, but so much of enthusiasm from my side couldn’t let me rest. I was there to discover the land of the cowboys.

The city is famous for its barbeques, Mexican food and spices. There are many excellent restaurants that one can visit. My mouth waters when I remember all the tasty food that I ate there. The people who I met there were very kind. The entire holiday was spent on a ranch. Riding horses and visiting vineyards. Eating lavish meals and relaxing by the pool with a cold glass of ice tea was my idea of a nice holiday. The best time to visit Dallas would be from the months of September to December. The weather is cool and pleasant. The rest of the months are very hot and dry. The city gets very humid in the summer months. A week passed by at the speed of lightening, and before I knew it was time to head back home. I hated coming back and wished that the holiday could last longer. But, I guess all good things must come to an end and so did my trip. But I do intend to go back to my favorite holiday spot soon, it was one of the best holidays I had in a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment