Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Remembering William Wordsworth

River Thames has great importance in many of Wordsworth’s verses. From the college days onwards I was a fan of Wordsworth and that is why I was very much attracted towards River Thames also. I never expected that I could visit the same in my life as it is in the other part of the globe. Hence, I was quite surprised when I was selected by our company to attend a sales conference in London a few months back. 
Being a company sponsored trip entire expenditure was bore by the company. Hence I had to do a lot of work in searching for the details for cheap airfare and cheap flight tickets. After doing a lot of work I was able to get cheap tickets to London.

Once it was the capital of the world as many parts of the world were under the British Rule. You can see the reminiscences of those golden days even now. Buckingham Palace and other similar structures of those eras remind us about those days with great nostalgia. Though, it lost its status as the world’s capital, it has not lost its glory. Even in this modern world, London has its own importance and it is developing fast with several new industries and increasing real estate values. It is one of the leading financial centers in the world and hence there are a large number of visitors who are coming to this city other than tourists. All major airlines are operating flights to London like British Airways and almost all flights are always fully packed too. 
As I mentioned earlier, my trip was entirely an official one. Still I got a lot of time in between to experience the city life and to visit many places. Hyde Park is the one which attracted me the most. The park exists as the symbol of freedom of expression which is the spinal cord of the democracy. There you can express your view on anything and criticize anybody. Anyway you are not allowed to talk about the British Royal family there. This points out to the fact that the British are still giving high respect to the Royal Family, though they are the people who introduced democracy to the world.

I could visit several places such as West Minister abbey, Tower of London, Royal Observatory etc. Though I have gone to these places I could not spend enough time there as I have very limited time to spend. Still I took a lot of time from busy schedule to spend on the banks of River Thames, my dream girl from my college days. I could experience the presence of William Wordsworth in each wave that came to hug the banks. They were eager to tell me something. I was quite sure that it was the soul of Wordsworth that tried to speak through those waves. He was asking me to come back again and spend more time there. I have decided to go back to the banks of River Thames once again. I have already booked one of the cheap flight tickets to London and this time I will be going on my personal trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment