Monday, December 3, 2012

To enjoy the coolest summer

There is a very famous quote of Mark Twain. “The coolest winter I ever had spent was a summer in San Francisco.” Though a bit of exaggeration is included in it, the typical climate of the city enables you to enjoy cool summers. That could be the reason why most people are selecting this city as their summer tour location. Unfortunately, my trip was not a planned one and I had to rush to the airport to catch one of the last minute flights. Yes, it was an official trip, but was not a preplanned one. We received an emergency call from our representative there to send somebody to sort out some problems he is facing with one of his customers. Company entrusted me with that duty and asked me to be there as early as possible. I did not have time to search for tickets in cheapest airline. As almost all major airlines are operating flights to San Francisco like British Airways, I did not face any problems in getting a ticket.

The demography of the city is a typical one with the presence of several hills inside the city. Many places in the city are known by the names of the adjoining hills. At the same time it has several beaches and plain surfaces too. After solving the issue I got about a week’s time to enjoy the city life. I was totally free on all those seven days and I have decided to spend those days alone. Though our representative offered to accompany me I rejected the proposal with due respect. All beaches and almost all parks of San Francisco is located in the Golden Gate National Recreational area. This makes your traveling easier as you can go to almost all beaches and parks within a short period. Conservatory of Flowers was the first place I visited. Flowers were always considered very close to human mind and it is believed that they can convey the message of hearts to others. That is why presenting flowers on various occasions have become a common practice from ancient days. If that is true, you will really get a lot of messages with combined emotion in that area. That much of varieties of flowers were there.

Ocean Beach is another attraction in that area. It is a preferred destination for surfing too. After the introduction of cheap tickets to San Francisco, the number of people coming here for surfing has increased considerably. Unlike in the Caribbean Beaches, the life in this beach is rather calm except for the surfing community. I have seen many people who are enjoying the loneliness there. San Francisco National Maritime Historical Park is another attraction here. it has a vast collection of historical ships and yachts which attracts many visitors. I heard that students from even faraway places are visiting this museum as they can collect a lot of information. The cheap flights to San Francisco usually carry such students who are studying for maritime courses.

Though I enjoyed a lot in those seven days, I was quite sad as I cannot make my family too enjoy. Hence I have decided this city as my next holiday destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment