Thursday, May 17, 2012

From the Mountains to the Coast line

Most of the places in the world will have a geographical identity. It can be a desert, a mountainous place or seashore. However California has a diverse geographical feature ranging from the eastern Sierra Nevada Mountains to the western Pacific coastline. This diversity makes the state more attractive and the tourists are coming here to experience and enjoy this diversity. Being a major global city many international airlines such as British Airlines, Air France etc are operating flights to California. Still there will be always difficulty in getting tickets as the number of visitors is more anytime. The airlines that offer best fares are always flying their flights in full capacity to this city.

When I planned to visit this city on an official tour I had to try very hard to get cheap tickets to California. After collecting my tickets and completing the necessary formalities, I flew to California as decided. As our representative was there in the airport to receive me and hence, I did not face any problems there. He had arranged for my stay too. After settling down, I started discussing about the business matters with him and went to visit a few of our clients too. After two or three days work, when the weekend came, I decided to go out for a sightseeing trip. Our representative had arranged a cab for me. Hence I did not have to face any problem for travelling.

At first I visited the higher side of the city. Mountains were always my favorites and it used to remind me about the village where I spent my childhood. Yosemite National park, Sequoia National park etc are the attractions in this area. I have seen quite a good number of tourists in these parks. After many airlines started operating cheap flights to California, the visitors are coming more and more every year. My cab driver told me. While you travelling towards west, the height of the land is coming down and finally you reach the coastline of Pacific Ocean. The long beach along the Pacific coastline is another hot spot for international tourists. Here also I have seen a lively beach life with beach volley and beach football. I have seen many people who were enjoying sea bath there.

After the weekend, I got engaged in my work and did not get much time for sightseeing. On the day prior to my return I went for shopping. Shopping is an art here. You will get anything here. From a latest fashion dress to fresh vegetables to ceramic bowls to anything. There are many shopping malls and shopping centers in California which deal with the high quality products. At the same time you will get colorful dresses and Mexican traditional foods on the streets too. Many wayside vendors were there who were selling traditional Mexican handicrafts.

The shopping here was really an unforgettable experience. The way the clients bargain and the way how the dealers are closing a deal was an interesting scene. Just to enjoy that experience, I have decided to visit California once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment