Thursday, May 31, 2012

In the cross roads of the world

Recently I had to visit New York City for an official purpose. It is an international city with people from all over the world making it their home. With the head quarters of United Nations situated there, it has an important role to play in the international diplomacy also. The Time Square, the busiest pedestrian cross is also called as the cross roads of the world. Hence almost all flights to New York City are full almost all time of the year. There are many cheap flights operated by domestic as well as international airlines to this city. Still you may feel difficulty in getting airline tickets some times. After trying in major airlines like British Airways and Air France, I got tickets in one of the cheap flights to New York City and reached there as planned.

Once I reached here, I had to spend almost one full week for my office work. Hence I could not get enough time to visit many places of importance. Still I could enjoy the evenings in the city in certain night clubs and at venues of performing arts. I can never forget the evening I spent at central park. This is a large park with a zoo and a theater. The music and dance program is conducted inside the theater.

After I got some time from my hectic schedule, I visited the Statue of Liberty. I am at loss of words to describe this beautiful architectural splendor which is famous all over the world. Gateway National Recreation Area is another attraction there which has been spread across almost 26000 acres surrounded by the city. I got a chance to view some cultural events at the famous Lincoln Center for Performing Arts too. I visited some art galleries and museums also.

Anyway, the most thrilling experience was shopping at some of the unique places. I went to the Adidas Original Shop at Wooster Street to purchase a pair of shoes and my shopping spree started from there. Barney’s at Madison Avenue is another most important shopping point in this city. This shop has a vast collection of women’s fashion wear. The vast collection will certainly confuse you.

Though I had not done any shopping from there, the green market at union square attracted me very much. Farmers from the nearby villages gather there four times in a week to sell fresh vegetables and fruits. The products they bring there are really farm-fresh and thousands of people gather there to buy them. The life there is totally different from the rest of the New York City with lot of hustle and bustle.

At last the day arrived when I had to leave this beautiful city and board for my home town. I felt very sad on that day. I have decided to come back once again. As cheap tickets to New York City are available, it will not cost me more.

No comments:

Post a Comment