Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Visit to Shanghai

I had heard a lot about Shanghai, one of the fastest growing cities in the world. When, one day, my father told us that he has some official work in the city, and he has decided to take us along with us, I was overjoyed. My sister and I started preparing for our journey. I researched a lot about this city on the internet and came across some quite fascinating information. I was ready for my travel, armed with a lot of travel guides. The travel department of my fathers’ office booked cheap airfare tickets on one of flights to Shanghai. I came to know that there are cheapest airline offering services to this city.

Soon the day arrived, when we set foot in this amazing city. The city is an eclectic mix of modernism and traditionalism. The city is known to be a hub of finance, business and trade. Hence, many businessmen and traders from faraway destinations come here for their work besides vacationers. Since, our father was busy in his work; we had ample time to explore this city on our own.
Spectacular sights, remarkable museums, beautiful gardens, swanky restaurants and many other places dot the city landscape. We were simply enthralled to see so much beauty all around us. My mother wanted to relax for a while, so she decided to visit a beautiful garden that was close to our hotel. My sister and I decided to explore the city. A guide accompanied us and shared a treasure of information about this beautiful city.

Our first stop was at the Shanghai Aquarium housing a large number of exotic aquatic species. My sister is younger than me, and she was simply exhilarated to see so many aquatic animals under one roof. On our way to the Shanghai Museum, we also saw the magnificent Pearl Tower. At the museums, a vast collection of artifacts spoke volumes about the erstwhile times. We learned a lot about the history and culture of this city. In the evening, when my father came back from his meeting, we decided to visit a swanky restaurant and taste some exotic Chinese cuisines. The concierge gave us several options and we decided to visit one of them. We had a fabulous time, and we tried some authentic Chinese cuisine at the restaurant.

Next day, our guide took us to the famous Yuyuan Gardens that is known for its spectacular beauty. These days, several vacationers plan a holiday in this city coming through cheap flights to Shanghai. Leading carriers like China Airlines, Air China and many more play their services to this city. The list of popular tourist attractions is never ending. Soon, our vacation came to an end, and we returned to our home city with a heavy heart. We decided to visit this city again as this has become remarkably easy now because of the availability of cheap tickets to Shanghai.

No comments:

Post a Comment