Thursday, June 7, 2012

Course into Cape Town on a captivating cruise

Working on an industrial design project, I was offered the unique opportunity of visiting The World’s Design Capital for 2014- Cape Town for an exhibition. The conveners of the Expo had booked cheap tickets to Cape Town by South African Airways.

Cape Town’s attractions
Cape Town or Kaapstad in South Africa is a multicultural city known for its harbor and scenic landmarks such as Cape Point and Table Mountains. I noted the following attractions on my Flight to Cape Town.

Aquila Wildlife Safari
To get the wholesome fun from your African adventure, board a 4 wheel drive vehicle and tour an African reserve like the Aquila Reserve. Watch leopards, giraffes, lions, springboks, elephants, zebra and wildebeest in their own natural habitat. With 170 species of birds, including the endangered black eagle which gives the park its name, Aquila is best for a Safari any day.

Cape Peninsula Tour
Embark on a cape Peninsula tour to witness this glorious land of natural beauty. Visit the Kirstenbosch Botanical gardens to enjoy the sight of the fragrant blooms. At Cape of Good Hope Natural Reserve, watch a penguin colony. Visit Hout Bay at sunset or climb Chapman’s Peak for breathtaking views. On the way back, we had glimpses of Fish Hoek, Simon Town and Mulzberg.

Paarl Valley Wine Day Trip
For a wine connoisseur like me, this trip to Paarl Valley vineyards meant heaven. Here I visited the beautiful towns of Franschhoek and Stellenbosch and tasted some wine form the cellars. The red wine Pinotage, typical of this region was simply superb as recommended by the fellow passengers on my International Airlines flight. I strolled around the vineyards, gulping in sweet scented air with the aroma of grapes and wine.

Table Mountain by Cable Car
For a breathtaking view of Cape Town, I climbed atop Table Mountains by Cable car on the way down I dropped into the Malay Quarter, Company Gardens and Castle of good Hope. I also visited the famous Diamond works. It was a dazzling experience indeed. It is well worth another Cheap Flight to Cape Town.

Whale Watching at Hermanus
Since my cruise was in November, I was lucky enough to catch sight of some whales at Hermanus. Usually the ideal time is between July to November, I believe. I was zapped to see the world’s only whale crier at Hermanus. He lets people know of the different types of whales coming with different bleats of his kelp horn. It was an amazing sight watching the giant humpback whales at this picturesque shore.

Scuba Diving /Snorkeling
I headed to Dyer Island where Geyser Rock abounds with Cape fur seals. Here we can spot the Great Whites just skimming the surface below. Some people dared to go diving or snorkeling but I did not try.

Cape Town was an enjoyable experience which filled my mind on my cheap airline flight home from this coastal paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment