Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Enjoy a splendid vacation in Key West

When I heard that we finally had the chance to visit the beautiful island, Key West, my happiness knew no bounds. We were going for a period of two weeks and I wanted to make sure that I enjoy to my fullest and visit all the best places. The low fares available made our vacation possible.

After our flights to Key West were confirmed, I started inquiring about the place. Since, I have a great interest in art and history I asked our guide to tell us about significant places. He told me about the Audubon House and Tropical Gardens. After looking it up on line, I found out that it is a great museum, which was founded by the Wolfson Family. The museum has works of John James. He is the great artist who has credit for painting many birds of Key West in this garden.

I also heard about the studios of Key West. It is the contemporary model for the artists. The place has residences and beautiful cottages. It has several art studios, exhibition halls and it even has a sculpture garden. People interested in arts get free lectures and are introduced to new ideas.

We were lucky enough to have searched well and found cheap flights to Key West. Some leading carriers like US Airways also ply their services to this destination. The place is filled with amazing tourist spots and places, worth being seen. I found out that there is a museum in the city, which gold and silver recovered from wrecked ships. It fascinated me and I couldn’t stop myself from reading about the place before I went there. The museum’s name is Mel Fisher Maritime Museum and I finally got the chance to be there personally, it was more exciting than I had expected.

Another fascinating thing that we had the chance of enjoying was the huge butterfly habitat. The reason behind it being so exciting is its size and make. It is a 5000 square foot glass-domed tropical butterfly habitat.

We were able to get cheap tickets to Key West for all the members of our family. Our guide told us about the most popular and frequently visited place .We could not wait to get there and make memories to take back home. The place is located at the corner of the South Street and white head street. It has a monument which marks the southernmost point in the continental United States accessible to Civilians. Our trip was a great experience and, this great place certainly does have a lot to offer.

Once we were there and we had, so much fun in the amazing place, we couldn’t resist the temptation of extending our trip and seeing the surrounding places. Our plans were matured as soon as we found out that several cheap domestic flights were available.

No comments:

Post a Comment