Thursday, June 28, 2012

Prague after the spring

Prague, the once up on a time seat of mighty communist rulers has been changed a lot after the successful Prague Spring brought an end to communist rule in the country. Once came out of the iron curtain, the city has developed fast in tune with the rest of the Europe. Adoption of the globalization policy and a change from the communism to capitalism brought in tremendous changes in the economy of the city. Now it has regarded as an important business center and hence many major airlines like Air France, British Airways etc are operating flights to Prague.

Just like other major business organizations, our company also planned to extend our activities to this grooming city and I have entrusted with the duty to initialize the proceedings. My recent trip to Prague was in connection with that. We have designated staff in our company to make arrangements for the traveling of executives while they are going on official tours. They will do all the works to get best airline discount and to get plane tickets for cheaper prices. With their effort I could fly in one of the cheap flights to Prague as per the plans.

As it was the initial stage, the work was very easy and tension free. Thus I got enough time to see the city in a relaxed mood. My first trip was to the busy Wenceslas Square. This busy area hosts a lot of shopping malls and small shops. There are many offices of corporate companies also located in this area. My trip to this busy square was purely an official one. Still I enjoyed the rush there. I did some shopping also at that time.

The very next day I visited the Spanish Synagogue. The typical architecture of the structure seems to be attractive and the architecture attracts most of the visitors here than being a religious place. I went to the Franz Kafka monument to on that day. I prayed in silent for a minute there. The Czech crown jewels which are been kept at the Prague Castle is another tourist attraction.

Prague has changed a lot after coming out of the iron curtain. The people here are feeling more freedom and the happiness is really reflecting on their faces. Various venues for performing arts situated in various places of the city add joy with various cultural events and art performances. There will be some events almost every day. The bras and restaurants here are also well known for their hospitality. The traditional foods and the continental and Chinese dishes provided by them are delicious and certainly add enjoyment to your trip.

As I was here for a few days, I could not enjoy the trip fully. Hence I have planned to visit this city once again on a personal tour. As cheap tickets to Prague are available, it will not cost more.

No comments:

Post a Comment