Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A week with the Germans

My joy knew no bounds when I heard that my friends were planning to go on a vacation. We were visiting Munich. I was very excited and happy as I always wanted to visit this beautiful place called  My friends  the first thing to do before going on any vacation is finding plane tickets, if you do enough of research you can surely find airline discounts on tickets. There are many flights to Munich like Air France everyday from several destinations.  You could get in touch with a travel agent who could manage to get you cheap flights to Munich.

Since we had planned our vacation a few months in advance we got cheap tickets to Munich as we had booked them earlier. I had already made a list of all the places that I wanted to visit on our holiday. We visited during the Christmas vacations. The weather was very cold. It even snowed for a few days when we were there. We had carried a lot of woolens with us, knowing that the weather would be cold. But one only needs to wear warm clothes while going outside. Since all the houses, restaurants and shopping malls are all centrally heated. So the temperatures remain warm indoors. The people here are very kind hearted I must say.  I visited several museums here as well. They were very modern in approach and design. 

The architecture here is very fresh and massive. It has a slight majestic touch to it. It was great experience learning about the history, tradition and culture of this place. The city is very laid back and quiet. We would spend the days visiting museums and art galleries. The evenings would be spent at the market place.


Munich has a lot of small designer boutiques from where one could buy items. The food available is delicious it is a mixture of Italian and French cooking. I have never eaten better pasta in my life as what I ate here in Munich. It is a nice place when it comes to shopping. There are several malls and complexes that have all the major brands. Shopping is a true delight in this city. Plan a vacation here with your loved ones and have a great holiday.

This place has a lot of wonderful things to do. There are a lot of tourists coming here every year to spend their vacations. Munich has many beautiful tourist attractions as well. So the place is very high on entertainment for all age groups. This is the right place to spend a family holiday. I had a great vacation here. I wish to spend another week here and get to learn about the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment