Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Enjoy the Splendors of the Historical City of London

The most popular historical city of the world has a legacy of its own and has survived ups and downs as civilization made its way to the present era. The old Victorian buildings, the majestic cathedral and churches remain the most exciting and interesting pieces that you would love to explore while on your holidays here.

London, the dream holiday destination for many holds a lot of promises for those who are looking for to enjoy the pieces from the past. With plenty of international airlines offering excellent cheap airline flights, London has become extremely affordable as a holiday hotspot across the world. London remains the dream destination especially if you are looking to experience slices of the city from the glorious past. I wanted to enjoy the spectacular historical ceremonies like the Changing of the Guard, the March pasts and the Gun salutes while on my stay in London. Here are the major historical attractions that I wanted to visit in London. You can also buy a London pass and enjoy most of these attractions.

The Historical Buildings

Spice up your unforgettable experience in London by visiting the most important building from history. Yes! I made sure to include the Tower of London, St. Paul’s Cathedral, Windsor Castle and the Tower of London, besides the Big Ben. These sites and buildings will surely take you back in time to a different era altogether. I also wanted to enjoy the Houses of Parliament, the Inns of Court with its inner and middle temple, Chelsea hospital, Leighton House, Cheswick House, Kenwood and the stunning Marble Hill House and the Ham House by the Thames. I planned my travel itinerary while booking my cheap flights to London. This ensured that I did not miss out on any of the major historical attraction.

The Royal Palaces

The palaces are very much an integral part of London and have their own stories from the past to tell. While booking my flights to London, I shortlisted the most popular of the royal palaces that I intended to visit. I was too eager to include the famous Buckingham Palace built by George VI, the Hampton Court, the Tower of London – though not exactly a royal palace but reveals the shady past, the Kensington Palace where Queen Victoria grew up, the famous Clarence House which happens to be the present residence of Prince Charles, the York House or the Lancaster House and St. James Palace which was built by Henry VIII. The Mews and the Queen’s Picture Gallery topped my list- as the gallery boasts of a wonderful collection of pictures that tell quite a bit about the royal history of London.

There were a few others I wanted to visit while enjoying the history of this amazing city. You too can visit the Samuel Johnson house, Charles Dickens’ House and Museum, Bevis Mark Synagogue and the Romantic poet Keats’ house.

Fare Buzz made my trip a grand success. The site helped me with all essential details from the cheap tickets to London to the best flight deals that helped me save a lot. Simply plan ahead and get ready to explore the best of this amazing city.

No comments:

Post a Comment