Monday, February 6, 2012

The Incredible and Beautiful Atlanta

Many buy airline tickets just to saunter through the numerous parks located in and around Atlanta during their holiday. As the city thrives on a ridge, it also attracts youngsters who want a satiating trekking or hiking trip.

After my internship, I was looking for an exciting holiday spot at a plush city in the US. Soon I got an opportunity to buy airline tickets that head to Atlanta. This 9th largest city in the US has huge skyscrapers no doubt but it also has a good quantity of trees. Hundreds of popular art and cultural events are also organized in the city. As an art critic, it was my endeavor to make a trip to Atlanta during such events. I found that the city administration had taken up the challenge to meet the tourist influx in the city by arranging regular international flights to Atlanta.

Natural Habitat – A Perfect Tryst with Nature
The city is situated on the South of Chattahoochee River at a ridge. The hilly terrain is surrounded with rich forest with the River and rainwater providing adequate drainage to the flora. Whether it is DeKalb Avenue or National Recreation Area, I found tourists everywhere. Like me, they had availed flights to Atlanta to catch a glimpse of this place. Although little humid and hot, the ambience is just perfect to go for long trails along the forested area. There are well-managed and decorated sprawling parks in Atlanta where I could saunter during the evenings.

For instance, I visited the Midtown Piedmont Park, where many cultural events are organized each year. My guide told me to book in advance when I went to buy airline tickets to the city. There are Woodruff Park, Hurt Park, Grant Park, and Chastain Park. Some have zoos, others have amphitheatres. There are entry fees though. No wonder, travelers like me get cheap plane tickets to store enough money to buy entry tickets.

As a nature lover I also visited Peachtree Creek, Atlanta Botanical Garden, and the 600 feet canopy walk through the hardwoods of Atlanta. And, I was not alone. I found student trekkers flocking in large numbers. They had taken cheap flights to Atlanta that were organized by various airlines.

Art and Entertainments – A Hilarious Getaway for Youngsters
While taking a trip to the markets of the city, I could easily feel the bohemian culture in the people. The Little Five Points host many fests while restaurants cater unique cuisine. When I mentioned this fact to my brother, he was really fascinated. I have plans to buy airline tickets for him as well so that he can enjoy nightlife in Atlanta.

I loved the gospel music by Gospel Music Association. From pop music to indie rock and country music, I savored the shows offered by Fox Theatre and Alliance Theater. The cheap tickets to Atlanta allowed me to save enough for these shows.

All in all, I had won a satiating holiday in the city. And, suitable flights to Atlanta helped me avail a wide-range of entertainments without hurting my pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment