Friday, February 3, 2012

Uncover the Culturally Rich Philadelphia

Recently I got an internship opportunity in one of the companies of Silicon Valley in United States. The company posted me to their Philadelphia branch for my training. I took pride in this and head out to know more about this city which is fourth largest in the US.

As soon I got my joining letter, I started looking for the cheap international flights to Philadelphia. After searching on a number of travel portals and guides I finally got the best offer from a reliable website that promised me inexpensive airline tickets along with holiday package in some luxury resort of Pennsylvania.

I got the privilege to travel in one of the best flights to Philadelphia, which made my travel experience comfortable. As expected the flight reached its destination in time and one of the company’s representatives was there at the airport to receive me. We headed straight to the company office for a quick briefing and from there I checked into my hotel room.

Next day after completing my work early, I headed out to see and explore the city of Philadelphia. I booked my cab and went straight to the cultural capital of this city that is situated in the heart of the city. There are a number of art galleries that has a number of portraits and other objects that belonged before the American Revolution. Besides this, there are a number of places which are known as the main centers for music in the city. The music in the city was introduced by the Organs who staged the first Opera in the city. The musical scene of the city grew during the 19th century with the music of William Henry Fry. Musical Fund Society was started in 1820 that staged musical concerts in the different parts of the city.

The Philadelphia is the home to a number of culinary institutions which includes gourmet and local staples. The city’s immigrant history has a mixture of tastes that came here during different points of time. There are a number of upscale restaurants from where you can enjoy the different cuisines. I preferred the Indian cuisine for the time being and headed to the Tandoori Junction that served us delicious Tandoori Chicken and Fish Tikkas. There has been a renaissance in the cuisine that led to the acclamation of this city as the world class food city.

Recently one of my friends at college also got a placement call at the same company as mine. He got a training letter at the same place where I got. So in order to reach here safely and to know more about, he contacted me about the places from where he can obtain the cheap flights to Philadelphia. I told him about the various online sites from where he can book the cheap tickets to Philadelphia. After booking tickets, he informed that he will be joining me within a fortnight. I am looking forward to meet him and cherish the old times that we have spent together in our college life.

No comments:

Post a Comment