Wednesday, January 18, 2012

City that never sleeps: Sao Paulo

Sao Paulo, the mammoth cosmopolitan city is rightly called the city that never sleeps because of its buzzing day as well as nightlife. I was very excited to watch and experience the epicenter of business, entertainment, fashion, commerce and politics prevailing in Sao Paulo, so booked my flights to Sao Paulo, the capital city of Brazil last year.

A day full of activity in Sao Paulo
The Paulistanos or the local workers start flooding the streets on week days in their formal western attire, watching this corporate scenario on the streets in Sao Paulo even I got out of bed to start my day trip and explore the city full of life, the very next morning after landing late night on the airport by booking cheap flights to Sao Paulo. While buying fresh fruits from the street vendors, I got to know that Sao Paulo is also known as the powerhouse or the industrial locomotive of Brazil.

The moment I heard Brazil, my mind started recalling the pictures of soccer, so I decided to visit the major sports centre of Brazil with huge infrastructure. Many soccer matches and international championships have been held in these two stadiums: the Pacaeumbu and the Morumbi Stadium. These stadiums truly reflect the love and passion for soccer in Sao Paulo. Since I am a sports freak, the next destination which I chose was the high speed and emotional Interlagos Autodrome, where the Formula One championship is held every year without a miss.

Finally to know the culture of Brazil in detail or to know it better I took a taxi to the famous Museum de arte Sao Paulo. Here the ancient collections of traditional paintings ranging from the period of Renaissance to the modern contemporary era were displayed. I was astonished to see the unique way of displaying the masterpieces which was totally unique as the paintings were hung from the ceiling and arranged in rows. This collection of oldest and the modern paintings in totally antique manner made my cheap tickets to Sao Paulo worthwhile.

Get bamboozled by the nightlife in Sao Paulo
The hottest clubs and the intense dance locations spread all around in Sao Paulo make it not less than a New York at night. As a visitor I picked the Sunday print of Sao Paulo’s Veja magazine which lists the happy hours and the cheap prices for the best bars and clubs. The cheap airfares proved to be very beneficial as I got to spend more on the bars and restaurants in the Vila Madalena’s clubs where you have to pay a minimum fee for the hard drinks. If you are a music lover and want to shake your booty like me then Azucar is the hottest Latin club where you will find every music beat from salsa to merengue to tango

As the moon light dawns, the Azucar gets jam packed with people. The best airfares gave me an opportunity to save money and splurge it on experiencing the exuberant night life of Sao Paulo.

No comments:

Post a Comment