Friday, January 20, 2012

Get High on Life IN Cancun

After thinking hard about the location that I would like to go for the vacation, I finally zeroed in at Cancun. Cancun a coastal city is situated on Mexican Caribbean on the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico.

As soon as I finalized this location, I asked my travel agent to arrange for cheap airfares on the flights to Cancun. Later he informed me that due to rush and other factors there are no flights tickets that are available. So I have to check for the tickets and other arrangements all by myself. I searched for the cheap flights to Cancun on popular travel online portals like Fare Buzz. Finally I booked my tickets to Cancun for 24th December.

I reached Cancun on the 25th December with my family and since it was Christmas, there was a Christmas bonanza and carnival that was being celebrated all along the coast. Since I had come to Cancun to de stress myself so that I arrive fresh when I join back to my work.

Cancun is a popular tourist attraction of Mexico and offers a number of options for the visitors who come here. You can enjoy the beaches which has a warm climate all-round the year and there are a number of party spots where you can organize your own parties or visit one of the late night parties. There are facilities for boat excursions in the form of jet skis, deep sea fishing activities, fishing charters, party boats or dinner cruises also.

I also read about the Cenotes which are caves in the river that run underground. I found about them when I was searching for the cheap tickets to Cancun. This place is one of the fantastic places for swimming, diving and snorkeling activities. Besides this, there are many cultural activities that are organized in many different parts of the city at various parts of the year.

No trip to Cancun is complete without a visit to the Mayan Ruins that are scattered all along the Yucatan peninsula. Mexico is called as the land of Maya and there are a number of majestic Mayan ruins that are located within the hotel zone of Cancun.

Dining is one of the popular activities of Cancun. From continental cuisine to the traditional Mayan cuisine that offers you a fine assortment of dining options. There are more than 200 restaurants in the city. We indulged in the hotel hop where we moved about from hotel to hotel in their happy hours and enjoy the various facilities such as live music, rock band performances and other beautiful settings.

Nightlife of Cancun is active and loud and there are a number of discotheques and bars that you can visit. Some bars offer you a number of laser shows. Many parties start at 10.30 PM and stay rocking till the sunrise.

These are some of the activities that we enjoyed on out trip to Cancun and I hope that I would find the best airfares to Cancun next time I visit here.

No comments:

Post a Comment