Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Enchanting Fort Lauderdale Trip

Wanting a whiff of sea air and surf spray, I zeroed on in Fort Lauderdale as my vacation site. A major yachting port in Florida, this city was just the place I wanted to head to for a super holiday. With nearly 100 marinas and boatyards, Fort Lauderdale seems to be endowed with fun activities with its 4000+ restaurants, bistros, cafes and nightclubs.

Looking for the best airline deals, I found this place to be well connected to all major cities like Atlanta, Charleston, Dallas, Washington and New York. Travel agents told me that lots of cheap plane tickets are available at ease when heading to this destination.

My research also divulged that there are other cheap flights to Fort Lauderdale that can be availed from Albany, Boston, Burbank and Denver. I even contemplated chartering a helicopter to hop into this city, as I found that there were nearly 40 helicopters stationed at the Executive airport offering prime service.

Tourist attractions of Fort Lauderdale:

I finally hopped on to a flight to Fort Lauderdale, often called the Venice of America.

Dania Beach, Deerfield Beach and Pompano Beach lure with their silky sand and aquamarine waves with yachting cruises and tours. Fort Lauderdale beach is the scene of action for Snorkeling, Scuba diving, wind-surfing, jet-skiing, deep sea fishing, boating or rollerblading. I found people picnicking, camping and even trekking on the nature trails at the Hugh Taylor Birch State Park. I visited the Aquatics complex at the Swimming Hall of Fame, which is the pride of the city. Bonnet House was more of a naturalist museum with its environ-exhibits. The local tourist guide informed me that Lady Helen Fishing charters could take me on an unforgettable fishing expedition.

Whenever I wanted to play tennis Jimmy Evert, George English Tennis centers or the Bass Park, Carter Park or Riverside Park were the places I was referred to. For a jazz jamboree, I headed to the smith & Jones Jazz Bar. A visit to Elbo Room was a must for a sample of Fort Lauderdale‘s nightlife. I laughed till my sides ached at the hilarious comedy act, when I was at Laffing Matterz.
For a shop-alcoholic like me, this city proved to be a treat. I went to the Swap Shop for unusual curios. Galleria Mall is more upscale. Bass Pro shop is a fisher’s retreat.

Unique Activities:

I soon found that Fort Lauderdale has many unique activities. This destination is best known for its Greater Fort Lauderdale International Boat show. The first Sunday of every month at River walk holds primetime for you with its Sunday Jazz Brunch. The Fourth of July and New Year Countdowns are special treats of this place.

Operating Airlines:

 You can get cheap tickets to Fort Lauderdale through the widely preferred South west Airlines; Continental Airlines or the United Airlines.

Hotels in here

I decided to dock at any one accommodations like
  • Alhambra Resort
  • Pillars Hotel
  • Holiday Inn
  • Atlantic resort & Spa
  • Lago Mar resort & Spa
  • Hilton Fort Lauderdale Resort
Getting Around:

The city offers multiple facilities for touring the city
  • Use the Broward County Mass Transit which is the cheap bus system
  • The Tri-Rail is ideal for a leisurely train ride around town.
  • A unique and entertaining option is the Water Bus Service around this American Venice.
I found the city refreshing and recreational, and now it’s your turn to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment