Monday, January 23, 2012

Hebrew Culture, Jazz Music, and Indigenous Operas with Tel Aviv

Even Israelis regularly take time off from their work to participate in festivities, dramas, and musical shows in Tel Aviv. Low fares in domestic transport encourage them to come over to the city frequently.

Once while covering the rich cultural heritage of various countries, I took one of the international flights to Tel Aviv and came over to the city with an intention of highlighting the art museums and galleries that hosts so many rare works of art. However, to my astonishment, Tel Aviv had a pulsating nightlife. Dance and music seem to be pervading everywhere. No wonder, tourists take the nearest opportunity to spend a memorable holiday in this city that has lively cultural activities.

City Overflowing with Music
My first write up was on the classical music which Tel Aviv is primarily famous. The Philharmonic Orchestra and New Israel Opera are regularly shown as The Barby and Goldstar Zappa. The tickets are expensive. I was lucky enough to book cheap flights to Tel Aviv and save enough cash to spend it on theatre shows, festivities, and entry fees to art galleries. The heritage of Tel Aviv is so great that it is not surprising that many Israeli nationals come over on cheap domestic flights from various parts of Israel during prominent holidays.

Operas, Dramas, and Dance Shows
At various bars and theatre halls regular dance dramas and skits are enacted. I got one of the tickets to Tmuna Theatre to see the fringe theatres in Hebrew. Though it was difficult to understand, the dress code, visual appeal, and interpersonal skills differed. The same drama in English was different. As foreigners, local dialects were difficult to comprehend but getting to see English version of the same was rather costly. I still saw a couple of dramas at Habima Theater, Hacameri Theatre, and Suzanna Dellal. The locals enjoy low fares while foreign nationals need to provide extra. Sensing this, my travel agent had booked cheap tickets to Tel Aviv by getting lucrative travel packages. I could save 50 percent or so by getting the tickets six months in advance.

Pulsating Nightlife and Night Festivals
I had taken one of the discounted flights to Tel Aviv during June end. I wondered why the flights during this time were of considerable low fares. When I reached Tel Aviv, I was in the middle of their White Night Festival, where the cultural hubs are kept open throughout the night. As the city does not sleep in frenzy, the administration has taken care to ensure tourists with modest budget avail low fares in traveling and get the opportunity to spend time here during this occasion. From Night Flea celebration to International Film Festival, there are many festivities celebrated with great enthusiasm at Tel Aviv.

As I surveyed the Horace Richter Gallery, Tel Aviv Museum of Art, and Litvak Gallery I was left in awe. It was expensive to enter these galleries. I thanked my stars that cheap tickets to Tel Aviv helped to plan my budget with ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment